Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Just Say No to Charly



Okay, as many of you may know, I am a anti-chick-flick chick. I hate romantic comedies!! Mostly because it's like - 'Oh they broke up. Do you think they'll really get back together before the end?' AND the cheesy lines they make the actors say! "I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." BLEH.


However, I am not made of complete stone, and there are a couple of movies that make me teary-eyed. Little Women, when they're standing under the umbrella in the rain is such a sweet little scene.


Well, last night, Charly was on t.v. If you haven't seen it, DON'T! (SPOILER) It's the story of a returned missionary who meets a non-member girl. To make a long story short - (too late) she gets baptized, they get married, they have a baby, she gets cancer, she dies. Now, I don't say don't see it because some of the lines are cheesy and some of the acting needs help, but because I start sobbing when I watch this movie!! Especially at the end when she's trying to get her baby to say Mommy and when she talks about death not being the end, it gets me every time! I'm sure it's because the situation is so relate-able.


Anyway, the movie is on last night. We are flipping between this and Family Guy. (I know - we are bizarre.) and it comes to end when he takes on the Ferris Wheel one last time and I lost it. Christian was on the computer and turned to me and said, "Oh honey, you're crying."


"I know. Stupid movie. I can't watch it. " So I turned it and didn't come back to it.


"Christian, don't ever die."


"Okay."


Then for the next 10 minutes, I had tears streaming down my cheeks.


Stupid movie.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

oh see...i'm the opposite...i just LOVE chick flicks! except, charlie was horrible for me too!!! ughh..it made me ball!!! but i was laughing when you told christian not to die and he said ok! haha...you guys are great!!

Doney Days said...

I have seen that movie almost 10 times and I still sob in it! When I need a good cry, I watch it! I love the music!

val said...

Yah, that one made me boob my head off too, and I had already read the dang thing, so I should've known better! My hubby was so mad that I made him watch such a sad movie!