Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 21, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!

I totally felt it this morning! I was sitting in bed and felt the bed shake a little, and I thought that maybe it was a big truck. Then it kept shaking and then it shook a lot. I then thought there was a killer under my bed!! (I know - my imagination runs a little wild.) So I jumped up and realized it was probably an earthquake and stood in my doorway. Then my dresser started shaking and then it was over! It lasted a lot longer than I thought earthquakes normally do - like more than 10 seconds. Thank goodness we only got the little ripple from it, not the big shake - we were very lucky!!

4 comments:

Doney Days said...

I am still laughing about the killer under your bed. But I probably would have thought the same thing! It could have been, the white man or scarface!

MikeG Family said...

I totally didn't feel a thing, although my niece who lives pretty close by felt it! Strange, indeed. It's hard not to let your imagination run wild when things like this happen - I'm just glad there wasn't a killer lurking under your bed! :)

Karmen said...

Karen...we DO need to live closer to each other...you make me wet my pants (or should I say, "you make me pee!") I ALWAYS think of crazy, scary things, like killers under my bed and such! But, to tell you the truth...I didn't think of a killer when the earthquake hit...I just thought a huge semi was barreling down my street. Boring, I know, but that was my initial thought. Then I realized it was an earthquake and so I yelled, "earthquake" and Briana (my 11 year old) freaked out for a few seconds! I guess a Mom shouldn't ever yell, "earthquake" especially when there really is one...

val said...

I'm so glad there was no killer under your bed! Still scary to have an earthquake though! I've never lived (or died) through one! Good to find you.. You have cute family and I love catching up on you guys!