Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Stupid 5th Disease

So all of the Skousen clan has been exposed to this 5th disease!! It's no big deal, unless you're pregnant - in early stages of pregnancy. We're not sure how it all came about. We think Laurel's kids maybe had it first. (??) Nathan had it too after being at their house, but we all thought it was some kind of allergic reaction to the dry wall they were putting up, because the rashes showed up all within a day or two. Then Heather's kids got it and she took them in to the Doctor and that's when we found out what it really was. It's really a virus and you don't even know you have it until you have a bit of a cold and then you get a rash, usually on your face and it looks like you've been slapped. WEIRD!! By the time you get the rash, you aren't even contagious anymore. So there's no way to know and no way to keep it from spreading. What a lame virus. When I make my own world, I won't include 5th disease in my list of afflictions - no offense to the Man in Charge - He can do whatever HE wants!!

If you are pregnant and have already been exposed at some earlier point, you're immune, but if not, it can cause anemia or even miscarriage. Heidi's been tested and is ok. Our first baby appointment is on Thursday; we'll see what they say.....

2 comments:

Doney Days said...

Damn 5th Disease!

val said...

Sorry about the disease, but I have to say that you Skousens swearing on each other's blogs is about the funniest thing ever! I gotta quit laughing out loud at midnight, dang it! (No swearing from me, your Mom was my YW leader, what if she hears me??!)