Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 20, 2009

I am so smart. S-M-R-T!

I love how I think that by yelling "Quiet!!" to my crying 2 year old will actually make him quiet down.
....More to come.......

Let me explain...

Nathan is occasionally a morning person. However, he decides when those times are. Lately, when we wake him to take him to Christian's parents house; (Wed-Fri) he wakes up fine, but the moment we go upstairs to get breakfast and get on our way, he has a melt down. On Friday, I had a melt down too.

Nathan (standing next to the computer): Cars?
Mom: No, we don't have time.
Nathan begins to whine.
Mom rethinks and decides it will be a good distraction while she and Christian get breakfast and his back pack together. She puts the movie in the computer and starts it. She sets Nathan down on a chair in front of the computer.
Dad: (somehow sensing the perfect storm forming, grabs the back pack and his lunch) I'll take this stuff outside.
Mom: Want something to drink, Nathan?
Nathan: No.
Mom: Want some yogurt?
Nathan: No.
The movie starts and Nathan immediately begins to cry. He slides to the floor crying.
Mom: What's wrong? You want to watch Donald?
Nathan: NO!
Mom (putting her bread in the toaster, trying to remain calm. Grandma & Grandpa are asleep in their bedroom.) Shhh, Grandma and Grandpa are sleeping. Do you want to watch Phineas and Ferb?
Nathan: NO! (continuing to whine cry. He then gets up and runs down the hall, right in front of G&G's door. )
Mom (whisper yelling): Quiet! Come back here! (She starts to walk down the hall. Nathan runs back down to the kitchen and falls in a heap on the floor sobbing.)
Mom: (through gritted teeth) Nathan, sshhh! Come and watch Cars right now!
Nathan (now kicking and screaming and crying)
Mom: Fine. I don't know how to communicate with you and I'm done. I put on Cars and that's what you are watching.
Nathan now screams louder. Mom now loses it and turns into a 2 year old.
Mom: FINE!! I don't want to see or hear you right now. Go out to the car right now!
Mom scoops up Nathan, takes him down the stairs, sets him not so nicely on the front porch. Christian is walking back towards the house.
Mom: Nathan is ready to get in the car. Mom is done.
Mom stomps back into the house and attempts to put jam on her toast. She drops half of it on the counter several times. She curses several times. Christian comes back in.
Mom: I cannot handle your son in the morning.
Dad: I'm sorry honey.
Mom gets her toast, forgets her apples in the ziploc baggie (dangit) and stomps out the door. Out of spite, she doesn't go the truck to kiss Nathan good-bye. That will show him!!
Mom proceeds to drive 80 miles an hour to work feeling guilty the entire time because she didn't kiss her baby good-bye. When Nathan arrives to Christian's parents' house. He is a perfect angel.

Hmmmmm. On Sunday in Relief Society, our lesson was on Enjoying the Journey given by Thomas S. Monson. He talks about how one day we will long for the days of the past. I wonder if President Monson ever fought with his 2 year old.....

5 comments:

Rina said...

I love the commercial advertising some new MOM show. The ladies daughter comes walking down the stairs saying something to the mom & the mom YELLS(getting louder with each syllable---) Keep down- You're going to WAKE THE BABY!!!!!
I laugh so hard every time.

Bethers Family said...

He is such a terd! I just hope his tantrums settle after the baby comes. Good thing you have help right in the house if you need it. Lucky!

happy mom said...

Ah, but thanks for sharing honestly how it all went down! I have had those days, a little different, but we all have them.

Becky said...

Don't you hate it when YOU become the child!?!?! I have had so many of those moments! I'm sure he will out grow the tantrums -- let's hope sooner than later!

Bennifer said...

Dang kids. And you're having another one?!? Just kidding. Do you think he wanted to watch it on the tv and not the computer? I would've beat him and then sent him out the door. President Monson lived in a time of the wife raising the kids. So no, he probably didn't fight with a 2 year old. But I think he meant the good days we'll long for.