Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Line Upon Line

No, I'm not singing Saturdays Warrior. Line upon Line, precept on precept, I am turning into my Mother!!!

Yesterday, Heather and Dan invited Christian and I to got to dinner and a movie. We had a delicious dinner at Ruby River and then headed to The Jordan Commons to watch the action/thriller, Taken. Excellent movie! About 45 minutes into it, a woman about 8 rows ahead of us (we were on the back row) pulls out her cell phone and keeps holding it up, putting it down, holding it up. Finally she just sat there, holding it up. ENRAGEMENT!!!!

The little cell phone back light didn't turn off either. I have no idea what she was even doing. I kept muttering things to Heather and Christian. Christian kept asking me if I wanted to move seats. Why should I have to move? I'm not the idiot. Finally during a quiet moment in the movie, I called out, "Put your cell phone down!" Several people turned around, including the people RIGHT behind the woman with the cell phone. "Her!! Right there!" I pointed.
She made no movement as if she heard and no one around her told her put her phone away.
I sat there for a moment, fuming. Finally I got up out of my seat, marched down the steps and approached their seats. "Can you tell her to put her phone down?" I whispered to her husband. He looked at me confused. I said louder. "Can you tell her put her cell phone down? It's very distracting!" Finally she looks at me and puts her phone down. I didn't see it again the rest of the movie.

Really? I really had to go through this falderal? Ridiculous!! AND it always seems to be me that sits where someone is going to annoy someone else.

In my younger years, I NEVER would have approached someone, let alone call out in a theater. It comes from a lifetime of having a Mom who is very outspoken. It was very embarrassing; especially as a teen. Now the older I get, (and being pregnant makes it 700 billion times worse) the more vocal I am. The less I worry about what people think and the more I worry about what is right and what is fair. Maybe turning into my Mom isn't such a bad thing......and I'm sure I'll mortify my children too.

6 comments:

The Naylors said...

This makes me laugh, I can't even enjoy going to the theatre anymore, I am always too annoyed! I am always sitting right by the person who has to narrate the entire movie or can't stop talking to her girlfriend she has spent the entire day with, argggg! Oh and I hate it when people I am with talk too because I am so embarrassed. I think I'm getting worse too, can ya tell?

Angela said...

I love it! Way to go :) Maybe she was bootlegging with the camera on her phone and you stopped her in action. Nice!
By the way, Congrats on baby number two. You will have so much fun! My second is four months and I'm loving it.

Taylor's said...

Awesome! I love people that speak there minds! I would have done the same thing. I hate it when people are so rude - especially when EVERYONE paid to do something - annoying!

And for the record - I don't think I have ever seen you get upset!

Josh and Stacie said...

You go girl!! I love that you put her in her place. Thanks from all of us that get just as annoyed with idiots that don't remember their movie theater etiquette.

Deb-t said...

Ha ha ha. I totally wish I was there to join you in the rage at such an idiotic person. What I don't get is that she didn't put it down the first time you yelled at her? And what's with her husband looking like he doesn't know what's going on? STUPIDS! Whatever, I'm totally laughing and cheering at you for getting up and speaking your mind to the dumb lady!

The Smiths said...

annie jr.