Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, June 22, 2009

Fragile

I received some heart-breaking news today. A good friend - Misty from my old Ward passed away. She was 26 weeks pregnant with their first little baby boy.
On Saturday, she suffered from 3 pulmonary embolisms. She was in the ICU on life support, but had no brain activity. Yesterday they decided to take her off the life support and she passed away after a short time.

I don't know how long she and her husband (Jake) were trying to get pregnant, but I know it was several years. We served together in the Primary Presidency before I moved. She was such a fun and kind person. She had told me how much she wanted to be a Mom.

I look at my life, my family, especially my little Harry and wonder why things happen this way sometimes. I feel very undeserving of my many blessings. It reminds how quickly we can lose everything and how much I take for granted. I know there is peace in knowing about eternal families, but it doesn't lessen the pain and loss that Jake must be feeling. Misty expressed several times how much she loved Jake. He is such a wonderful man. My heart breaks for their little family.

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star, like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are, how fragile we are

4 comments:

The Skousens said...

Oh my goodness, what sad news. My heart goes out to her husband and the family!

Taylor's said...

I know exactly what you mean. We take for granted how complex things really are - being pregnant, carrying a child, delivery and the health of both baby and mother.

Misty is such a neat person - I just can't get over it - I will let you know when the funeral services will be.

Doney Days said...

This breaks my heart. I am truly blessed. We are truly blessed.

Deb-t said...

So sorry, Karen. Wow, it's so hard to receive sad news and especially news like that. A young mom to be, even! I liked the poem at the end, very fitting.