Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

What Mommy Learned Today



No matter how hard you try to explain the scientific reasoning behind it, there is no telling an (almost) 2 year old that a white crayon will not work on white paper. However, it did end up with one of us in tears and one of us collapsed in a heap on the couch. (Guess who was who.)

**There may have some other color paper around somewhere, but Mommy was trying to take a nap! I told him to get some colored paper, but he just looked at me like I was insane - or lazy - ahhh both.

6 comments:

The Skousens said...

Nathan is too funny...you'll have to show him how the white crayon works on black paper or some other dark paper!

Deb-t said...

Ha ha ha. That is too funny about Nathan! Did you have no black paper around to prove to the child that white works sometimes?! Poor thing.

Taylor's said...

I hate when things like that happen. Next time make sure you have all the white and colored paper together and then hand him the crayons so you can take your nap!

Keli said...

I sometimes wonder why they even bother. Is anyone's favorite color white? Really.

Hey, will you tell Heather to invite me to her blog? That would be super!

keli dot clayton at gmail dot com

val said...

Funny, I love the way you write, and all the excitement of being prego and tired all the time!!! I only love it because it is not me, but really, I feel you pain!

NYCmom said...

Jackson totally does the same thing and he's 3 1/2. It just doesn't make sense that there is a crayon that "doesn't work." He will often throw white ones away because they are "broken." Nice.