Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Going, Going, GONE!

Christian and I don't usually do anything quickly. It took us 8 months to finally decide to sell our house. We've been thinking about selling our truck for about a year. It's 11 years old and with it only having 2 doors; not so roomy. Now with the new baby on the way, there is NO way Mommy can climb in the back seat anymore.

So, Monday night, Christian comes home from watching a movie with the boys and says, "I'm going to put the truck on KSL. Let's just see what happens."
"Okay." This was about 10:30 at night. I didn't think much of it. He put it on KSL a few months ago and then changed his mind and took it back off.

Tuesday morning, Christian pulls up to work (where he said he would have the truck in the ad) and there is a guy waiting there for him. The guy looks it over, drives it around, hands Christian cash and drives it away! Then Christian calls to tell me it's gone.

What?

I didn't even get to say good-bye! No one last spin! No pictures! No farewell party!

It was our Dating truck!
We used to make out in it! I mean, really make out! (The golf course and church parking lots just to name a couple)
It was the reason I married Christian! (That's our joke - I always wanted to a Black Tacoma - he wanted a girl with a big rack - we were both happy!)
We drove it around over all the bumps we could find to put me into labor! (It didn't work.)
It's the reason Christian went on a mission! (Long story)

And now it's gone. I'm just really not sure how I feel about it. Sure a new truck will be nice. Blah blah blah.

4 comments:

Rina said...

K- for the record. I only called you a hag because you called yourself one.
AND
It was stinkin good to see you. I wanted to catch up on each of you but I didn't want you feeling like you were in a interview.
So we have to do it again :)

Taylor's said...

Wow! That was fast!

val said...

I love the way you tell stories, chick. Too bad you didn't get one last make-out session for memories sake....

Josh and Stacie said...

I wish we had that kind of luck selling vehicles :) . . . Congrats, I hope!