Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 10, 2008

My New Enemy


Found my new enemy this morning. The elevator is out of order at my work. I work on the 4th floor. I am 4 months pregnant and exercise is NOT my friend. The first flight was fine. The second flight, I got a little winded. By the last flight, I staggered into the office gasping for breath and clinging to my poppy-seed muffin and Diet Cherry Coke. My legs are on fire and my uterus is cramping. If the elevator is broken tomorrow, I'm not coming in.

7 comments:

NYCmom said...

Hahahaha...not that I'm laughing at you having to take the stairs...but laughing because the SAME THING happened to me when I was pregnant with Jackson and still working. I'm so sorry. Even better...at the time I was stopping at Maverick every morning for a poppy seed muffin and diet coke! :)

Taylor's said...

That is no fun but just a suggestion for next time this happens or if it ever does . . . stop to stretch on each landing and make sure when climbing the stairs to breath in through your nose and out through your mouth . . . it helps control your breathing and your heart rate.

I am proud of you for not turning around and going home!

Doney Days said...

Don't they know you're pregnant! JERKS! You should ride in on a Jazzy tomorrow and demand someone to carry you up the stairs! PMP!

Deb-t said...

I'm sure there's a clause in a courte file somewhere exlaining your rights here! Maybe a disability act! I wouldn't go to work either but I still think you are hilarious for taking a picture of the evil stairs.

Tiff George said...

Eeww...I totally feel your pain! When I was prego with Braiden, I had to go up 3 flights of stairs to get to the BATHROOM, of all things...GAY!

val said...

Pitiful! Sorry for you, and yes, there must be something in Worker's Comp for this! You are hilarious!

The Smiths said...

I tagged you...check it out!