Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Are The Fates Trying to Piss Me Off? Because It's Working!

**UPDATE!!**(August 16th)
Driving to the Doney house last night, our "check engine light" came on with a delightfully smug "ding". I'm beginning to think our car is doing these things on purpose....Thoughts?

**UPDATE!!**(August 13th)
Ahhh yes. I now have 3 rock chips in my windshield. 3 rock chips in one week. Thank you.


Day: Wednesday

Time: 6:40 pm

Place: The bowels of hell; I-15 Southbound near Riverdale


We were returning from a very nice Reception Dinner at the Maddox in Brigham City. I was engrossed in my book, Nathan was engrossed in his Simpsons DVD and poor Christian was left to man the roads. Suddenly he yells out "Sheeeeesh!" and I of course, then scream out "Sheeesh!!" and then we run over an entire tire left in the middle of the road. After my heart went back down my throat and my legs turned to jelly, we decided to pull over and take a look. Peering at the undercarriage of the van, we see liquid dripping out and smell gasoline. Damnit. (Sorry, that's the nicest thing I can say at this point. We both actually spewed quite a few words, this being the tamest of all.)

Then a nice UHP pulled up behind and helped us take a look. He also said, "I just pulled a tire off the road back there." Yeah, he was about 10 minutes too late! Anyway, after weighing our options, (Do we try to make it home? Drive to a car place and see if they can fix it?) We decided to stop in Riverdale and see if we could get a temporary fix so we could at least make it home. The Patrolman told us where a PEP Boys was and he thought they would still be open. So off we went. When we first arrived, they said as long as it's not the fuel tank, the cost shouldn't be too bad. After taking a look see, they determined it was just the fuel line. It would take an hour to fix and be about 70 dollars. Grrrr at the 70 dollars. (A 'not too bad' cost to me is 20 bucks! But I digress.)

It seemed to take forever! And the guys just seemed to be standing around. Christian and I kept grumbling to each other, while Nathan proceeded to tear apart the waiting room in his little Nathan way. (He was filthy by the time we left.) One of the guys stopped by to let us know that it was taking so long because they had to heat some little thingy with hot water and it was taking forever to get water boiled from the break room and then get the thingy heated up. Well, okay then. That shut us up.

Finally at 8:10 we pulled out of the parking lot and headed home. Our moods deflated, our pocketbook lighter, and all of us a little more cautious, but the tale does not end there.....

Day: Thursday

Time: 7:40 am

Place: The bowels of hell; State Road 201, Eastbound

I was driving to work. I had pretty much gotten over the night before. Stuff happens and all that jazz. I was driving behind a Hummer, and I was pretty far back. Suddenly, I hear a SMACK! on my windshield. I scanned the windshield. Whew. Looks okay......then I see it!! A freaking rock chip on the lower passenger side.

Son a skdfjlsdkfjal;skfasdjlfjawefkljal;skdflaksdj!!!!!

RAGE!!!

I've never had a rock chip in my life. Thus ensuses more cussing and hitting my steering wheel. Can I get it fixed for free? Probably, but that's not the point!


Needless to say. I'm done. The Car Gods are pissed at me and I'm sure this isn't the last vehicle blog that I will be posting. Stay tuned.....

7 comments:

The Skousens said...

Oh my, you guys really haven't had any luck with your van...I would be raged too! Well, I also hope that there aren't any other car troubles soon to come!

Taylor's said...

Okay, I am not going to lie; I am laughing so hard and at your expense; I am so sorry! They way you tell the stories almost made me pee myself.

That sure does suck; if it were me, time to get our the old pedal bike and start pulling Nathan behind!

Hopefully, that was the end but then again things come in threes (or so I have heard) but we will pray that was it!

Doney Days said...

Damn cars and money! The end!

Rina said...

You skousens sure have filthy mouths.
That totally sucks about your car- I would be cussing too-though my word of choice is "For hell sakes"

Deb-t said...

I'm reliving girls night and laughing at the way you tell this blasted story. I take it from the first paragraph, the "Sheeeesh!" you and Christian yelled, weren't Sheeshes afterall!
Cars and money are the devil. I'm sorry!

Allison Claire said...

Car Gods are the worst when they are pissed off....I hope you have better luck in the future!

Doney Days said...

Again, damn cars and damn money!