Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's True!!





We are expecting baby #2!! It only took 16 months this time!!
On Saturday (the 23rd) I thought I would just take a test because I had an appointment with my new ob/gyn (mine retired) and I wanted to be sure we weren't pregnant. It was about 6:30 in the morning, Christian was giving Nathan a bath (yes we are early risers) and he had NO idea I was even going to take a test. When it the little hour glass flashed off and "pregnant" appeared. My arms went numb and I kept saying "Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh!" I debated about surprising Christian later, but I couldn't wait!! I walked to the other bathroom and told Christian to close his eyes and hold out his hands. He told me later, he thought I was going to put a spider in his hands. When I placed the test and he opened his eyes the first words out of his mouth were "HolySheesh!" (Which is funny because that's what he said when I told him about Nathan!) Then we both laughed and cried.


I like to say this was Nathan's reaction to the baby news, but really he wanted the camera and I wouldn't give it to him.

Christian called his parents almost immediately. (then they cried!)
We were getting together with my family for birthdays the next day, so Christian and I decided to tell my family then.
After all the presents were opened, we put a sign on Nathan's back and put him in the middle of the room.


Heather noticed first. (same as last time too!) Her response of "You hag!" is not meant "You hag, you're pregnant before me!" it means "You hag, I can't believe you're pregnant!" After watching the footage again, I forgot how we all scared Nathan when everyone screamed. HAHAHAHAHA some things never change!



Then my sister, Laurel comes over and says "Um, so, we're expecting too!" In fact, she is due BEFORE me!! Ahhh good times at the Skousen house on Sunday!

So, we're looking at April 23, 2009! Keep the date!

12 comments:

Keli said...

Aww, congrats! That's so sweet.

Misty and Jake said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! I am SOO excited for you guys!

Wishing good pregnancy days your way!

val said...

Woo hoo! That is sooo exciting! I was on your blog the other night and noticed your baby counter on the top...I was going to comment, but then my boy-who-never-sleeps jumped on my lap (no, not my husband...) and wouldn't let me play on the computer anymore. ANYWAY, enough about me, CONGRATS!

Doney Days said...

I'm still shocked that you're preggers but I'm so dang excited! I'm nervous to see my ugly self on the video. Next time I'll have something prepared to say like, "No way!" instead of "You Hag!" I was just so shocked!

Taylor's said...

Have I told you enough that we are sooo excited for you and Christain?????

Perfect time to have a baby if you ask me . . . after all, Malisia's birthday is the 22nd of April!

I can't wait for the video!

Doney Days said...

I'm peeing! Ok, I don't sound and look as stupid as I remember. I didn't notice that we'd scared the crap out of Naters! Poor kid!

Deb-t said...

Oh Karen I'm so thrilled for you guys!!!!! I actually squealed to myself just now. I love the video and of course, Heathers reaction!

Josh and Stacie said...

Congratulations Karen and Christian . . . we are so excited for you and your family!! We wish you the best during your pregnancy. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Take care of yourself.

Rina said...

Love the video.-- CONGRATS!!

Karmen said...

Yippee! Congrats Karen! That is so awesome and I love the way you announced it to your family (that crazy Heather, I tell you...)

Markalie said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. I hope you are doing and feeling well.

NYCmom said...

That's so cute. I'm so excited for you. A long awaited baby who will be truly loved...and teased mercilessly I'm sure as is typical in the Skousen family! (at least it is in ours!) :)