Nathan Cannon Robinson

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Harold Christian Robinson

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hate to be a downer

I've finished all the Twilight books and all I have to say is -

"Meh."

If you love them, that's fine. I don't usually read romance books and I was kind of boycotting them anyway just because so many were obsessed!! But Heather (sissy) and I decided to cross the picket line and just read the darn things already. Maybe we missed the hype. Maybe I'm too old. Who knows? I love to read, but they just aren't my kind of book, I guess.
I just wanted to get it out there that not EVERY young LDS Mom in Utah (or Arizona) is drooling over Edward or Jacob and I really think Bella is kind of stuck up snob. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Lay it on me. I need a good old fashioned mystery/crime novel to clean my palette. John Sandford anyone??





7 comments:

Taylor's said...

Okay so I am reading first one for the first time and I have to say . . . what the crap is the goo-gaa all over!?! I just think it is way too high school-ish for me . . .been there and done that!

Bennifer said...

First of all, I HATE that cartoon you found!
Second, I'm still only 100 or so pages into the first book so I don't really have an opinion yet. Although, I will say, I agree with how annoying it is that all the guys are in love with her. Because from the way the author describes her pasty-white skin and clumsiness, she sounds rather lame to be so popular.

Doney Days said...

I am peeing at the comic. I'm almost done with the second book and I like it better than the first, but I'm still not hooked. It's taking me FOREVER to read them because I have a life :) Just Kidding to all of you who love it! But I do have to say that so far, I'm a Jacob fan. Edward is boring. I hope no vampires come to kill me tonight now!

The Skousens said...

I don't think that it's that you're too old because I know lots of ladies my mom's age that love the books...aren't you the one that really doesn't like chick flick movies, so maybe they're just not your type of book!

Josh and Stacie said...

OK, I'm a BIG FAN. I don't read much and these are the first books I've read in like 6 years (sad I know). I absolutely loved them. Now, I am also big into vampires, witches, ghosts, weird phenomenons etc. I know, I'm funny but I really felt like Stephanie Meyer brought them to life for me. And, they are the good guys this time. LOVED IT!! And, I was very happy with the ending. I'm all about Happily Ever After!! I will be in line to see the movie opening night.

Deb-t said...

Ok, Karen....I was SO YOU when I first read the series. Well, before book 4 came out, I decidef to refresh my memory and read them all over again. THAT is when I decided that I really liked all this vampire business. I am a total Edward fan...Karmen is a Jacob fan (like Heather!). But unlike Heather, I really found book 2 depressing! Get Edward back already! But that is when a lot of people fell in love with Jacob- me excluded. Anyway, I know a lot of people that are like "What the CRAP is all the fuss over?!" I had to read them all twice to really appreciate them. Have you tackled, "The Host?"

Taylor said...

oh man...i'm mad at you! JK!!!!!! i am just totally in love with them. i felt like i was a part of them and wished it was my life at the time. haha. i love edward!!!!! i still think you need to read the other books! :) you're crazy!! haha.